The Town of Erin makes local planning decisions that will determine the future of the community. Proper land use planning will guide development decisions and provide for the orderly management of land and resources. It works better to create better social, economic and environmental outcomes locally, while also balancing the interests of individual land owners and the interests of an entire community.
Under the direction of the Planning Act, Planning Services is responsible for:
- the administration of the Town’s Official Plan, Zoning By-law 07-67, amending By-law 20-06, and Urban Design Guidelines;
- the administration, review and processing of Pre-consultation and Development Applications for Official Plan and Zoning Amendments, and Site Plan Control;
- commenting on Minor Variance applications; and
- the zone review of Building Permit applications.
Learn more about the following areas:
- Development Approval Process
- Current Development Applications
- Official Plan and Zoning By-law
- Wastewater Plant Project
- Growth Management Strategy
For general planning enquiries, please email email@example.com
County of Wellington
To view the County of Wellington Official Plan, click here.
Conservation Authority Determination
To determine if your property is within the Regulated Areas of the Grand River Conservation, click here.
To determine if your property is within the Regulated Areas of the Credit Valley Conservation, click here.
Servicing and Settlement Master Plan has been completed and is available to view at the Municipal Office, the local libraries and is available in Public Notices. CD's are also available for $20.
The Planning Department is a liaison between the community, stakeholder groups, the study consultants, Town of Erin Council, the Province and other government agencies.
For regulations on Tree Cutting in the Town of Erin, please visit the County of Wellington's Website.