The Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO) is responsible for administering the lottery licensing program in the province - municipalities and the AGCO are responsible for issuing lottery licenses to eligible charitable and religious organizations. A manual is available online.
The Order-In-Council provides municipalities with licensing authority for:
- Bingo events, including table board bingo, with prize boards of up to $5,500;
- Media bingo events with prizes up to $5,500;
- Break open tickets for local organizations;
- Raffle lotteries for total prizes of $50,000 and under; and
- Bazaar lotteries which include: wheels of fortune with a maximum bet of $2.00, raffles not exceeding $500, and bingo events up to $500
Application forms, terms and conditions, eligibility requirements and other documents are available through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission website or by contacting: (please click here for Town of Erin Application for Licensing Eligibility form)
Please contact Lisa Campion at (519) 855-4407 Ext 248 if your charity would like to obtain a lottery license for our Town or if you have concerns about lotteries conducted within our municipality.