Real Property Disposal By-law
On April 28, 2022, Town Council approved Real Property Disposal By-law 22-20 to govern the process for disposition of Town Land.
Unless an exemption under By-law 22-20 applies, the following steps shall be undertaken by the Town:
- The land shall be declared surplus by Resolution of Council in accordance with the procedures within Schedule A to By-law 22-20.
- The method by which the land is to be disposed of shall be approved by Council.
- The means by which the costs associated with the disposition to be recovered, must be approved by Council.
- At least one appraisal shall be obtained.
- Notice of a proposed disposition shall be provided to the public in accordance with the Town’s Notice By-law.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale must be negotiated.
For further details, please see By-law 22-20.
Third Party Request to Acquire Town Land
The process for considering whether to declare land surplus may be initiated either by the Town or in response to a request from a third party to acquire a particular piece of land. For Third Party requests, please complete the Request Form and return it to Planning@erin.ca.