The Town of Erin Building Division works with residents and businesses to ensure proper safety standards are met during all stages of construction. We are here to assist you with any questions you may have with regards to your construction.
A building permit is a license which grants legal permission to start construction of a building project. Obtaining a permit ensures that the construction meets the standards set out in the Ontario Building Code and other relevant laws and regulations. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that a building permit is obtained prior to any construction.
To book an inspection, please call 519.855.4407 EXT. 237 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide project address, permit number, type of inspection requested and your contact information.
The Town of Erin building permit application process is 100% paperless. All documents are to be emailed in pdf format to email@example.com
Guides & Documents
Please use SB-1 Climatic and Seismic Data for Orangeville, ON during building design.
- A Guide to Constructing a New Single Family Dwelling – Urban (Serviced)
- A Guide to Constructing a New Single Family Dwelling – Rural (Unserviced)
- Heritage Evaluation Criteria
- A Guide to Deck Construction
- A Guide to Accessory Buildings and Detached Garages
- 2011 Sewage System Design Summary
- A Guide to Maintaining & Operating your Septic System
- Consideration for Reduction of taxes due to special condition
- Adding an Accessory Dwelling Unit
- Thinking About Building or Buying a Tiny Home
- OOWA's Best Practices Series: How to Decommission an Existing Onsite Sewage System
- BCSI Canada Truss Installation Guide
- TPIC Truss Design Procedures and Specs for Wood Trusses
- COVID 19 construction update April 19