Criteria for Publishing Events Submitted by the Public
Members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the Town's website calendar if that event is open to the general public, occurs within the boundaries of the Town of Erin and meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another order of government
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board
- Organized by a Town of Erin affiliated group
- An organization identified as eligible for a Town of Erin community grant. Funded in full, or in part, by the Town of Erin
- Sponsored by the Town of Erin
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the Town of Erin
- Organized by a service club operating within the Town of Erin performing work that benefits the Town residents
- Organized by a local business or business improvement area for general promotional purposes.
- Located in a facility owned by the Town of Erin
Events submitted by the public will not be published on the Town's website calendar if they:
- Are commercial in nature and, in the Town’s sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind
- Do not comply with any municipal, provincial or federal legislation
- Promote an individual religion or religious service
- Private events not open to the public
Events deemed by the Town of Erin to be political in nature will not be posted after the writ has been dropped for a federal or provincial election, or after the 1st day of a municipal election year.
Notwithstanding the criteria listed above, the Town reserves the right to post, refuse to post, or remove, any event from its website calendar at any time, without notice.