Town of Erin Planning Services

Planning Services for the Town of Erin are handled by the Town’s upper tier government at the County of Wellington.  This includes all issues related to:

  • Land Development within the Town of Erin
  • Zoning and Official Plan Amendments
  • Severances and Lot Line Adjustment
  • Planning and Land Use Policies under the Planning Act of Ontario
  • County of Wellington Official Plan
  • Provincial Planning Policy
  • Policy and Goals of the Grand River Conservation Authority and the Credit

All inquiries should be directed to Town of Erin Office planning contacts:

Building and Planning Technician at 519-855-4407 Ext 240 or by email to

Sarah Wilhelm, Manager of Development Planning, County of Wellington. 519-837-2600 ext. 2130  or

Michelle Innocente, Senior Planner, County of Wellington. 519-837-2600 ext. 2960

County of Wellington Planning Department toll free 1-800-663-0750

If you would like to determine the zoning provisions and requirements for a particular property, please follow these steps:

  1. Choose the appropriate map from the list below;
  2. Locate the property on the map. The maps do not contain the street numbers, but they do show property lines;
  3. Record the zone that the property is located in. Note: Some properties may have a second zoning designation in addition to the original (ex: EP1 or EP2) - which has additional requirements;
  4. Once you have determined the zone, click on Planning Department By-Laws click here;
  5. Under the Planning Department's list of By-Laws, click on Zoning By-Law #07-67 to determine the requirements for the zone that you looked up on the map; 
  6. Section 4 outlines the general provisions for different types of uses and restrictions for various properties, review all that apply; and

Note: Zoning provisions change periodically. We strive to ensure the maps are as current as possible, but differ. You may also wish to visit the Explore Wellington County Public Map here.

The Town of Erin Zoning Maps

The Town of Erin Official Plan Maps

Guides & Documents

Sourcewater Protection

Conservation Authority Determination

To determine if your property is within the Regulated Areas of the Grand River Conservation, click here.

To determine if your property is within the Regulated Areas of the Credit Valley Conservation call toll free: 1-800-668-5557, online mapping is not available to date.


Servicing and Settlement Master Plan has been completed and is available to view at the Municipal Office, the local libraries and is available in Public Notices. CD's are also available for $20.

The Planning Department is a liaison between the community, stakeholder groups, the study consultants, Town of Erin Council, the Province and other government agencies.

Tree Cutting

For regulations on Tree Cutting in the Town of Erin please review the Wellington County Tree By-Law 5090-09.

Helpful Links

Contact Us:

Junior Planner/ Building Technician: Joanna Salsberg
519.855.4407 EXT. 240