The Parks and Recreation Committee was re-established at the end of 2019 to aid in the goals and objectives provided in the Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan as prioritized by Council and under the direction of the designated Town of Erin Staff.
Council representative: Councillor Bridget Ryan. email@example.com
Committee Goals and Objectives:
- To provide advice as to how trail development features may be achieved through the adoption of appropriate municipal policies;
- To promote the awareness of the Town of Erin's Trails and Recreation projects;
- Communicating, and collaborating where appropriate, with other Town of Erin staff and committees;
- To promote the awareness of the Town of Erin's existing network of trails and those proposed through publications, events, public speaking, displays, signage and plaques;
- Assist the Director in bringing together informal groups to determine the parks and recreation needs of the community;
- To review and advise on the recreation needs of the community; and
- To promote volunteerism through supporting projects and services related to parks and recreation.