Formed in 2005, the committee is committed to the beautification and revitalization of Trafalgar Road and nurturing a sense of community in the village of Hillsburgh.
The LGHG Committee members are interested citizens and representatives from businesses and community groups in the Hillsburgh area.
The LGHG Committee meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Municipal Office 5684 Trafalgar Rd. Hillsburgh.
Every year, the Let’s Get Hillsburgh Growing Committee is responsible for:
- The hanging baskets and planters that adorn Trafalgar Road during the summer
- Replacing the hanging baskets in the winter with wreaths
- The colourful laser-cut steel signs that hang on the hydro poles on Trafalgar Road. This multi-year project is almost complete and has created a striking streetscape for Hillsburgh.
- Spirit of the Hills, Hillsburgh’s Family Fun Day. Since 2006, the LGHG Committee has presented this fun-filled event on the main street of Hillsburgh. Held on the third Saturday of August, Spirit of the Hills Day includes a classic car show, children’s games, musical entertainment and vendors.
- Entrance signs. The LGHG Committee is currently in the process of selecting a design for and fundraising for new entrance signs to the village.
All entries to be in by Sat. Oct. 15th. Please submit your entries to email@example.com