Development Charges (DC) are fees collected from new development at the time a building permit is issued. Ontario municipalities use DCs to recover certain costs associated with residential and non-residential growth. Developers help the Town pay for additional municipal services required, like; new water systems, roads infrastructure, parks, trails and fire facilities.
Town of Erin Development Charges Documents:
- 2019 Development Charges Background Study
- Development Charges Study Presentation – May 21 at 6:30 PM
- Public Meeting – June 18 - 6:30PM at Town Hall
- New Development Charges By-Law – July 22
- News Release: Council Passes 2019 Development Charges By-Law
- 2020 Development Charges Pamphlet effective January 1, 2020
Please note that dates are subject to change. Refer back to this webpage for Development Charges updates and documentation.