Date: Dec 21, 2020
For Immediate release,
December 21, 2020
On Monday, December 21st, 2020, Premier Ford announced that effective Saturday, December 26th, 2020 all of Ontario will be moved into the "Grey-Lockdown" level of the Provincial COVID-19 response framework, for a minimum of 28 days.
The Town of Erin is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the community. We are continuing to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and make necessary decisions to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the public.
With the growing health concerns, and out of an abundance of caution, all municipal facilities, including Town Hall and recreational facilities, will be closed to public access effective 8:30 a.m. Saturday, December 26th, 2020 until Monday, January 25th, 2021. All recreation drop-in programs, services and rentals are cancelled at Erin Community Centre, Hillsburgh Community Centre and Ballinafad Community Centre. Staff will be in contact with all facility rental holders to cancel, re-schedule or refund the bookings, please be patient as staff work through contacting each rental holder.
During the public closure, your Council and Town staff will continue to work to provide you with service excellence and offer essential municipal services to ensure the needs of the community are continuing to be met.
- Town staff will continue to be available to assist residents through email or via telephone only. Please call 519.855.4407 or email email@example.com for any inquiry
- Tax and Water payments can be paid through financial institutions, by sending an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, online, or by calling 519.855.4407 EXT. 226
- 2021 Burn permits can be filled and submitted online or by calling 519.855.4407 EXT. 262
- 2021 Dog tags can be obtained online
- Building, pool and sign permit applications can be submitted to email@example.com
- Additionally, there is a secure 24/7 drop-box, located at Town Hall
"Our community has been tremendous in the response to the pandemic and I am urging you all to remain vigilant to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19," said Mayor Allan Alls. "While we are keeping safe, I am asking that you keep in mind our local businesses. Please support local by ordering a meal for pick-up or shopping online at one of our local establishments," he added.
Please continue to do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Adhering to social distancing from anyone outside of your household;
- Do not invite guests into your home or visit with friends or family members' homes;
- Wash your hands or sanitize often;
- Wear a face covering or mask;
- Only go out for essential reasons; and
- Get tested if you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
Stay connected in the Town of Erin's response to COVID-19 by visiting www.erin.ca