Prevent Frozen Water Pipes during the Holidays
Date: Dec 21, 2017
As we approach the Holiday Season, decreasing temperatures increase the potential for frozen water pipes inside our home. The Town of Erin would like to ensure residents have the proper resources to deal with frozen pipes, as well as information to ensure preventative measures are in place.
Below are a few preventative measures to ensure your home is free from frozen water pipes this Holiday Season:
- Properly heat and circulate warm air around all areas of your home.
- If you plan on being away, have somebody check up on your home or speak to your insurance company about how you can protect your home from frozen water pipes.
- If you are going away for the Holidays, it is recommended to shut off your water and drain your water pipes completely.
- Seal any leaks that may allow cold air inside your home, especially near any areas with running water pipes.
- Keep your garage doors closed in order to ensure cold air doesn’t get inside your home.
For more information on water services, please visit: http://www.erin.ca/town-hall/public-works
Back to Public Notices Listing