Pay Taxes and Water Bill
The first installments of your annual residential, farm and managed forest taxes are due the end of March and the end of May. The interim bill is based upon 50% of your previous year's total tax bill.
Once the tax rates have been set, the final tax amount for the year will be available.
- Final installments of the annual residential tax bills will be due the end of August and the end of October.
- Final installments of the annual commercial tax bills will be due the end of September and the end of November.
- To avoid late payment charges, payments must reach our office by the due date, including payments made through the online banking system.
2016 Taxpayer Information Brochure
2017 Tax Rate By Law
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP)
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Forms Please complete and submit to the Municipal Office for enrollment in the monthly payment plan in mid-October.
Make a Tax and/or Water Payment by Credit Card
Tax and Water bill payments can be made in person at the municipal office from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. By:
- cheque (payable to the Town of Erin)
- credit card (plus 2% credit card recovery fee)
Tax and Water bill payments can also be made:
- Online Banking - Please make separate payments for Water and Taxes. Vendor is ERIN (TOWN OF) Please include roll number for taxes or Customer Account.
- Online credit card (Plastiq)
- Pre-Authorized Payment plans
- Telephone with a credit card (plus 2% credit card recovery fee)
Telephone with Credit Card
We are now accepting credit card payments via telephone. However, we charge 2% fee to recover credit card fees processing charges.
Online by Credit Card (Plastiq)
The Town of Erin has added an additional payment option for our ratepayers who wish to pay their Tax and Water bill using a credit card. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Plastiq is a third party automated payment service that accepts MasterCard, VISA and American Express. They can be contacted at 1-844-PLASTIQ or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plastiq will charge you for the use of their service to cover the cost of the payment handling and processing. The Town of Erin does NOT receive any part of this service fee. Plastiq is an independent third-party company providing a service for the Town of Erin. The service fee charged by Plastiq for Tax and Water account payments is 2.5% for Mastercard and 2% for Visa of your payment amount. This amount will be billed directly to your credit card.
A payment of $500 plus the service fee equals $508.75
A payment of $1,000 plus the service fee equals $1,017.50
In order for Plastiq to process your payment you will need to include the 19-digit Roll Number for Tax payments (found on your tax bill); and Water Account Number, range of 4 – 9 digits (found on your water bill) for Water payments. Please allow 5 business days for payment processing.
Any questions regarding account information for this payment option please contact:
Louise Warn (519) 855-4407 Ext 228 or email@example.com
Jackie Detta (519) 855-4407 Ext 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org