Pre Authorized Payment Plan
Benefit of This Plan
- Savings on postage and trips to pay your bills.
- No late payment charges or missed payments.
- Easier on your budget by spreading payments out without special interest or service charges.
Who May Enroll
If you are currently on pre-authorized payments – do not re-apply.
- You must have no arrears on your account.
- Your last (2015) assessment must be a full assessment.
- You do not pay your taxes with your mortgage.
How the Monthly Plan Works
- Your 2015 tax levy is divided into 10 equal payments. This amount will be deducted directly from your bank account on the first Friday of each month from January to October 2014.
- The remaining balance due for your taxes will be deducted directly from your bank account on the first Friday of November 2015.
- Your enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan will be confirmed with completion and return of the form attached, by October 30th, 2015.
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment in the pre-authorized payment plan is automatically renewed each year and information about the next year’s payment amount will be sent you with the receipted tax notice.
- As taxes are calculated based on assessment value, if there is any change in your assessment value, if there is any change in your assessment value from the previous year you will have two options:
- Make any necessary adjustments to the monthly payment account.
- Withdraw from the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan.
- If, For Any Reason, a payment is returned, you will be subject to a finance charge and applicable penalties. The amount of the returned payment plus finance charge and applicable penalties will be added to your next month’s payment. If any two payments should be returned, your enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan will be terminated.
- If, For Any Reason, you wish to be removed from this payment plan, or if your banking information changes, You Must notify the Town Office In Writing at least Thirty (30) Days Before the next pre-authorized payment is due.
How to Enroll
- Complete and sign the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Application Form and attach an unsigned blank cheque marked “Void”.
- Submit your form to the Town Office by October 30th, 2015 to ensure your enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan.
2016 Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Application Form